WHAT IS THE ALTAMONT LUTHERAN INTERPARISH SCHOOL ENDOWMENT FUND?
The ALIS Endowment Fund was created in 2002, to receive gifts and bequests and to use them for the mission and ministry of Altamont Lutheran
Interparish School (ALIS). Income from the fund will be used for areas other than the normal operating budget of the school.
HOW IS THE ENDOWMENT FUND USED?
Contributions can be designated by the donor to be used in support of the following missions and ministries or can be given as undesignated
and allow the Endowment Fund Committee to suggest the area of use:
- Education: Special projects to support Christian Education programs at ALIS
- Scholarships: Scholarships for former ALIS students going into full-time church work
- Building & Ground Improvement: Special projects to improve and repair the ALIS facilities
- Library: Special efforts to keep the ALIS library up to date
- Family Counseling: Special gifts to aid families with students in ALIS with the cost of Christian counseling
- Sports Programs: Special projects to support the ALIS sports’ programs
- Building Fund: Income &/or principal used for new ALIS building projects or acquisitions
- Music Programs: Special gifts to support the ALIS music program
- Technology: Electronic or other technological opportunities as they become available
- Student Tuition: Assistance given to ALIS students who pay tuition
HOW CAN I MAKE A GIFT TO THE ENDOWMENT FUND?
Individuals who desire to support the ALIS Endowment Fund can give in a number of ways:
- Cash contributions
- Through a Will Bequest
- By creating a Trust and naming the Endowment Fund as beneficiary
- Giving of appreciated assets, including real estate, stocks, and mutual funds
- Life insurance or annuity contracts naming the Endowment fund as beneficiary
Please contact an Estate Planning Professional, Attorney, or Tax Advisor before making any gift. There may be tax or capital gain advantages in giving to the ALIS Endowment Fund.
HOW IS THE ENDOWMENT FUND MANAGED?
The Altamont Lutheran Interparish Endowment Fund is managed by the ALIS Endowment Fund Committee.
Each of the four member congregations of the ALIS has two representatives along with the ALIS president. Ex-officio members include the ALIS principal and one of the pastors of the member congregations.
The Endowment Fund Committee will meet quarterly and make recommendations to the ALIS Board of Directors who have the final say in how the funds are used.
The Endowment Fund is audited annually by an auditing committee consisting of members from the four member congregations.
HOW CAN I LEARN MORE ABOUT MAKING A GIFT?
Contact one of the Pastors of the member congregations.
ALTAMONT LUTHERAN INTERPARISH SCHOOL
7 SOUTH EDWARDS
ALTAMONT, IL 62411